FLORAL SCENTED BATH BOMBS
The Holidays are made to spoil our loved ones and ourselves as well. With our super easy bath bomb DIY recipe, you’ll have enough to bring as a gift for your Christmas dinner hostess as well as keep some for you. This way you won’t feel like the Grinch when you’ll step into a nice and hot floral scented bath.
- 2 bowls
- 1 tsp
- Bath bomb molds
- Plastic gloves
- A knife to help unmold the bath bombs
- ¾ cup of cornstarch
- ½ cup of citric acid
- 1 cup of baking soda
- ½ cup of sea salt or Epsom salt
OPTION #1- True Lavender / Cedarwood / Jojoba / Lavender flower
30 ml (1 bottle) of Jojoba beauty oil
4 tsp of True Lavender floral water
70 drops of True Lavender essential oil
40 drops of Cedarwood Atlas essential oil
- Dried Lavender (optional)
OPTION #2- Roman Chamomile / True Lavender / Carrot / Chamomile flower
30 ml (1 bottle) of Carrot beauty oil
4 tsp of Orange Blossom (Néroli) floral water
67 drops of True Lavender essential oil
30 drops of Chamomile essential oil
- Dried Chamomile (optional)
OPTION #3- Rose / Ylang Ylang / Rosehip / Rose flower
30 ml (1 bottle) of Rosehip beauty oil
4 tsp of Damask Rose floral water
5 ml (1 bottle) of Rose (Otto) Extra 5% essential oil
35 drops of d’Ylang Ylang Totum (complete) essential oil
- Dried Rose petals (flaked, optional)
OPTION #4- Peppermint / Rosemary Verbenone / Almond / Horsetail flower
30 ml (1 bottle) of Sweet Almond beauty oil
4 tsp of Labrador Tea floral water
70 drops of Peppermint essential oil
30 drops of Rosemary Verbenone CT essential oil
- Dried horsetail leaves (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredients (baking soda, cornstarch, salt, citric acid) in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, mix all the liquid ingredients (floral water, beauty oil and essential oils).
- Gradually add the liquid mix into the dry mix.
- Manually blend all the ingredients together (wear plastic gloves for safety and hygiene purposes).
- Add the dried flowers if you have them (optional).
- Add additional floral water 4-5 sprays at a time until you obtain the desired consystency. The mixture should stick together without crumbling when firmly pressed into a closed fist.
- Fill the molds by pressing hard, a critical step in order to allow the powder to compress as it should.
- Leave in the molds for 24-48 hours in a dry room, until the mixture is hard enough to unmold without crumbling.
- Unmold (use a knife if needed).
- Keep in a tighly closed container, away from humidity.
- Add a bath bomb into your bath, right before or after stepping in the bathtub.
- Tip: should there be leftovers of the mixture, you can use the balance as a toilet cleaning scrub!